Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 2: A Better Breakfast

Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins (recipe from Paleo Madeline)
A better breakfast is what I hoped for with a recipe for Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins that I found online.  I baked these this morning, and I have to admit, they look amazing.  However, once I removed them from the tin, I noticed they were very moist on the bottom half.  Not wet like they weren't cooked long enough, more like they were oily.  This recipe had very little oil though.  Maybe I added too many blueberries.  Here is an image of a few of the muffins turned upside down and broken open.


The muffins also taste VERY salty.  The recipe called for 1/2 tsp of sea salt, and that is clearly too much, as the salt is all I can taste.  I will have to make some modifications and attempt these muffins again.  This batch is for the birds.

So, you're probably wondering what I did eat for breakfast.  I had some fresh cantaloupe with a few slices of Applegate Farms ham.  Still not a satisfying breakfast. 

The rest of the day has gone quite well.  I had a garden salad for lunch, and for dinner, I had a piece of grilled chicken and sauteed spinach.  I snacked on some pistachios and an apple in the afternoon.  One thing I know for sure is that I am not eating enough.  Yesterday and today I have gotten  "that" headache one gets when they are hungry and haven't had enough to sustain them. 

Challenges for tomorrow:  Tomorrow is my first day back to work.  We have professional development training and the school is providing Firehouse Subs for lunch.  I must pack my lunch tonight or I will be eating a Firehouse sub instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment